DROP IN ADVICE CENTRE (proposed at new building).
The aim of the new Drop in Advice Centre is to provide a community based resource, including:
- » Guidance, information and advice for people looking for work, education and training and community development.
- » Women’s Workers to address employment, education and social welfare needs.
- » Provide information on a range of issues such as health, domestic violence, employment, education services available to all ethnic minority groups, capacity building.
- » Drop in surgeries will include: Immigration service. Council Tax. Housing, Police Surgeries, Citizens Advice Bureau.
- » Cultural awareness training for organisations
- » In-house training/other training opportunities available to community groups.
The aim of Multifaith Network is to:
- » An opportunity to meet, share knowldege and encourage networking
- » A space for reflection and mutual learning
- » An opportunity to raise the profile of community cohesion and diversity work
- » Advertise future events and highlight current concerns and related issues
- » A chance to look to the future in partnership with one another
The aim is to provide:
- » Reflection of Classical Texts
- » Library materials which reflect the cultural diversity
- » Selection of non-fiction, particularly on Islam, politics and history
- » Books on classics and popular novels
- » Appropriate magazines of women’s interest and digests
- » CD-ROMs on Asian culture, Qawali music, calligraphy and the world of Islam
- » Dual-language picture books, and stories in Urdu for children up to 15 years
- » Islamic audio books and videos (in English) for children
- » Establish links with Central Library.
- » Partnership will established with relevant Service Providers to faciliate learning and share resources.
- » The centre will become a central community resource for user groups and organisations to deliver workshops.
You will find everything you need to know about our various gatherings on this page!!! Please also see Education page for dates and times.
Our Ihya gathering takes place once a week. It features, Qu’ran recitation, Nasheeds, talks and a weekly workshop on how to improve understanding and remove misconceptions of Islam within our workplaces and communities.
The focal point of the gathering is the recitation of the aurad (Khatme-Khwajjagan). Some of the blessings derived from this are; faith is strengthened; trials, tribulations and afflictions are warded off; goodness is achieved and God’s gifts are attained.
The gathering is concluded with a supplication (du’a) conducted by the Ameer of Kanz ul Huda,
Pir Muhammad Saqib Iqbal Shami.
TIME: 3:00pm (prompt) till Maghrib Salaah.
VENUE: 108 Newton Road, Birmingham, B11 4PS.
Annual Mawlid Gathering
Each year, Kanz ul Huda hosts our ‘Night of Hearts’, ‘The Annual Mawlid Gathering’. Since the inception (2006) of the gathering, the venue has been @ Jamia Masjid Ghamkol Sharif, Birmingham. The remarkable setting provides us with an awe-inspiring evening which features Qur’an recitation and Nasheeds by renowned vocalists from around the world, who captivate the hearts of thousands. The gatherings are blessed by a lecture delivered in English/Urdu by Pir Mohammed Saqib Iqbal Shami.
The gatherings are broadcast by international satellite stations QTV and Unity TV. This years gathering attracted thousands and will be available as a DVD shortly inshAllah. Last years (2007) gathering attracted over 3000 people and is available as a DVD which has sold thousands of copies world wide.
Visit our Multimedia page to view the 2006 gathering. (Coming Soon..)
Wird ul Qadariyya
Our Wird ul Qadariyyah gathering takes place on a monthly basis. It offers a rich programme and separate facilities for both brothers and sisters. Whilst the focus of the gathering is upon the recitation of the Wird ul Qadariyyah (a classical litany from the Qadiri Tariqa), Qu’ran recitation, Nasheeds and a lecture by the Ameer of Kanz ul Huda, Pir Muhammad Saqib Iqbal Shami figure as important segments of the gathering.
With the grace of Allah (swt), the gathering has proven extremely popular and hundreds of people now attend. Therefore we invite you to come and share in the blessings of this spiritual gathering. Food is also served at the end of the gathering, and all are welcome.
The gathering takes place on the final Sunday of each month.
TIME: 3:00pm onwards.
VENUE: 108 Newton Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham.
The Paris Ihya gathering is very similar to our weekly Ihya gathering in Birmingham. However it is only held once a week